Roles and responsibilities
Independently manage and collaboratively execute customized business research projects focused on procurement and business strategies, for numerous clients including large–midsized life sciences corporations and professional service firms
Lead one or more project teams, guiding team(s) on all aspects including scoping, timelines, content structuring, research methodologies, and client communication
Deliver high-quality, client-ready outputs consistently
- Conduct continuous quality management of the outputs to ensure consistency and timeline adherence
- Be pragmatic in deciding required involvement and contribution in projects to achieve efficient project execution and meet client commitments
- Serve as a mentor to the project team members imparting experiential- and knowledge-based guidance, and providing constructive feedback (verbal and written); counsel analysts on technical and business skills to elevate their performance.
- Client Engagement
- Interact with key client stakeholders to understand project requests and business needs, and communicate project progress/challenges
- Serve as the primary POC for project-related communication to discuss/decide project timelines/scope and collect feedback
- Undertake teleconference-based project kick-off calls and review meetings
- Identify risks /issues and escalate to the reporting manager (RM) and/or Client Lead (CL)
- Identify up-selling/cross-selling opportunities in conjunction with the CL/RM
- Participate in business proposals and new client pitch-decks to attract new business prospects and enhance business growth.
Team and Career Management
- Display exceptional project/team management skills maintaining high levels of motivation and work ethic among team members
- Handle difficult situations such as dissatisfaction/disagreement among team members and escalate to RM, when essential
- Function as the performance appraiser of 2–5 junior team members and be responsible for their overall career management.
Training and Organisational Initiatives
- Contribute to different organisational tasks such as hiring, training, and other organisational initiatives.
- Market research and/or consulting experience of 5–10 years; experience in procurement and commercial research/strategies is preferred
- Good understanding and knowledge of the Life Sciences industry and dynamics; educational qualification in life sciences will be preferred, but not essential
- Through knowledge of various secondary and primary research methodologies (including databases such as LexisNexis and Thomson)
- Through knowledge of various secondary and primary research methodologies (including databases such as Thomson and LexisNexis)
- Understanding of industry dynamics such as KPIs and frameworks such as SWOT analysis, Porter’s Five Forces, and GE-McKinsey Matrix
- Potential of handling a large team of 10-15 employees as a single point of contact for their daily operational needs as well as overall needs related to career aspiration, performance, expectations, team building etc.
- Team player
- Motivated, fast thinking, dynamic person with strong business acumen
- Motivated and dynamic person with strong business acumen
- Work in demanding and high-pressure situations without compromising on work quality and timelines
- Result oriented, self-driven, and solution seeker
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to do multitasking with ease
- Ability to take tough/difficult decisions with reason and logic
- Patient, calm, and composed demeanour
- High value system, and fair and judicious in decision-making
- Perseverant and ‘can do’ attitude
- Proactive in reaching out to others beyond his immediate area of responsibility to help/assist
- Able to lead by example
- Subject-matter-expert who can indulge in unprompted knowledge-sharing
- Efficient in handling difficult client and people situations.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying